Monday, April 28, 2014

Alliteration, Simile, and Summary Poems

We were busy with poetry last week, and we will continue to study other elements of poetry this week!  Here are some of the model poems from our alliteration poems on Science Alive, simile poems, and summary poems from our Earth Day Time for Kids.


 Freckles by Eric

The snake slithers,
Across the circular floor,
With his scaly skin,
He circled softly around our necks. 



Baby Puff by Kristina

Mrs. Neal brought in animals,
That she has been taking care of for years.
My favorite animal was Baby Puff.
When I felt his fur,
It felt like a puffy cloud.
The fur was brushing through my fingers.

Baby Puff has 8- hairs per root, 
Which humans have only 1 hair per root. 

Baby Puff is the softest animal in the world.
His whiskers were as long as strands of grass.
Baby Puff is so soft, 
He could be as soft to be a coat. 

Baby Puff is an adorable rodent.
Trust me...you will want Baby Puff as a pet now. 




Rolo by Chris

Rolo the Armadillo
Is cool because he would,
Rock, 
Run, 
Rollover,
And when Rolo was in his ball,
I wonder what he was doing.
Crawling, 
Curling up, 
Or something else!
Rolo is also the only kind of armadillo,
That can roll in a complete,
Ball! 

Simile Poems 

John

John is panting like a dog,
After running as fast as a cheetah, 
On a day that's as hot as a wildfire.

He was training for a race.

He was so hot, 
He could jump into a pool,
And swim like a fish.

He had been sweating so much,
That he looked like he had just taken,
A long shower.

By Kalyn

All About Me...Gabby

I love to sing like a chirping bird.
Or to swim like a humpback whale.
I love to dance like moving seaweed.
Growing is not my specialty...like the opposite of a flower. 

I can write as fast as a cheetah catching her prey.
Or paint like a creative mind.
I love to read so much, 
I'm basically a book!

I'm as bright as shiny jewelry glistening on my wrist.
I love to act so much like somebody else in plays,
Like a wasp acts like a bee.
I'm usually excited,
Like when a dog meets a new person.

I am who I am.

I'm like a shooting star over the dark sky!

By Gabby


Summary Poem

Yosemite Park

Everyone loves Yosemite Park
Because of it's amazing views.
It is breathtaking.

Bears, sequoias, cliffs,
Meadows filled with flowers,
A river, Mariposa Grove, and 
So much more!

Everybody is trying to make and remove things,
To keep Yosemite beautiful and
Clean!

If it weren't for Abraham Lincoln, 
Yosemite Park wouldn't exist!

By Julia F.








No comments:

Post a Comment